Contact VoltageI saw this news story last night and could not believe it.

Old frayed live wires come in contact with metal and become a shocking hazard. The news story mentioned voltage from 127 volts to 227 volts. People have been killed by coming in contact with these light poles and other metal structures.

You have to see this news story and how this story is very real and alarming.

After being notified by CBS News, the Jacksonville Electric Authority said it inspected all the poles downtown and “repaired 27.” Source CBSNews.com

I think this story will really make me think twice when I am in older parts of  cities. It would be interesting to know how big of an issue this is. Anytime a loss of life is experienced, some local city department or utility  should be taking responsibility to insure the safety of its citizens.

 

 

BACK