Increased soil sample volumes are here. It is that time of year when a majority of growers analyze their soils as part of their overall soil nutrition plan. In addition, to soils, food testing inquiries are increasing with FSMA regulations being implemented. Fall is also pumpkin time. It is a crop that growers work hard to harvest and sell. In addition, it means a lot of activities surrounding Halloween.
In September, 18 Midwest Laboratories Associates attended a formal training to learn how to effectively serve food production clients with respect to testing. At Midwest Laboratories, we feel it is important that our representatives understand major regulations affecting the clients we serve in the areas of food, feed and pet food. If you have questions about FSMA and how Midwest Laboratories can help support you in this process, talk to a representative today. At Midwest Laboratories we look at all aspects of FSMA from the land to the production line, waste and exporting side. Food and Ingredient testing has radically changed and the associates at Midwest Laboratories are continuing to add new methods and instrumentation to meet the needs of its diverse clientele.
Make sure you have your soil sampling supplies: soil bags, soil probes and return shipping labels. Midwest Laboratories’ clients receive great prices on return shipping labels. Talk to a representative today. Shipping labels can be sent directly to you via email.
This time of year many companies are planning their quarterly sampling projects. If you need supplies in the areas of containers, coolers and shipping, talk to a representative today. Also, fall is a popular time for well water checking and domestic water analysis.
Fall Soil Checklist
- Placed order for soil bags – Soil bags can be ordered free with a Midwest Laboratories Account – Opening an account takes 1-2 minutes
- Placed order for soil boxes (up to 45 lbs maximum) – Order Online with a Midwest Laboratories Account
- Determine the most appropriate soil testing package – Soil Test Packages Online
- Placed order for shipping labels (UPS, FedEx and Spee-Dee) – Contact a Client Service Team Member or Field Rep Member.
Shipping Labels are $10.50 for UPS and FedEx and $10.00 for Spee-Dee Delivery
- Know how to submit soil samples online (auto-submit samples) – Contact a Client Service Team Member or Field Rep Member
- Placed soil probe order – Pay by invoice with a Midwest Laboratories Account
- Know account id and password for Midwestlabs.com website and type your account number and password
- Understand the soil analysis results – Review brochure Interpreting Soil Analysis in the Midwest Laboratories Library
- Have nematode sample supplies ordered – Order online with your Midwest Laboratories Account
- Would like to schedule visit with Midwest Labs Representative this Fall –Please contact the representative in your area
- Stalk nitrate samples, refer to Soil memo 152 for interpretation and sampling procedures
- Review sample submittal and reporting paramaters: Analysis Packages, Email Reports to, Data Analysis Formats – Talk to a Midwest Laboratories Representative for further clarification.
- Soil Health Testing – Soil health continues to be a hot topic among growers. At Midwest Laboratories we have seen a nice increase in soil health testing over the past three years. If you want more information about soil health, check out these publications: Soil Health Analysis and Haney Test
- Open Your Account Today – Opening an account is typically a same-day process. Each fall, the volume of new accounts increases. With your account, you are able to see all your results online and have reports delivered directly to your email address.
Need Bid Pricing for a Special Project? – Please fill out the following form and you will receive the information you need with respect to analysis and price.